M100 Optical Scanner
Model 100 Precinct Ballot Counter The ES&S Model 100 is a precinct-based, voter-activated paper ballot counter and vote tabulator. Utilizing advanced Intelligent Mark Recognition (IMR) visible light scanning technology, the Model 100 is a proven mainstay for jurisdictions worldwide utilizing precinct-level voting and tabulation.
Features of the Model 100 include:
- Ensuring Ballot Integrity – because the Model 100 alerts voters to over-voted races and under-voted ballots, it greatly enhances the ability to capture voter intent.
- Security and Reliability – a rugged stainless steel chassis, independent ballot containers, and other unique features make the Model 100 one of the most secure and reliable in the industry.
- State-of-the-Art Flexibility – driven by an Intel processor, the Model 100 utilizes QNX. Operating software which provides real-time resource management, true multi-tasking capabilities, and unparalleled election accuracy.
- Fast Election Reporting – immediately upon poll closing, the Model 100’s internal thermal printer legibly prints out vote totals, and enables election officials to transmit results to election central.
- Tested, Certified, Proven – the Model 100 has been fully tested by an independent testing authority, certified to meet or exceed the rigorous standards of the federal government, and proven through the use in thousands of actual elections worldwide.
Download the Model M100 Fact Sheet.